The best thing you can do for your street sweeper in Los Angeles is maintain it. Committing to preventative maintenance can save you from bigger, more serious and more expensive headaches down the road, so follow these tips to keep your street sweeper performing at its best.
Tips for Maintaining Your Street Sweeper in Los Angeles
1. Clean your debris hopper every day. Taking time to do this helps prevent the accumulation of dirt, which can cause rusting and impede airflow and performance.
2. Clean your hopper screen. Remove obstructions to allow airflow to freely move to the fan.
3. Inspect your fan and fan inlet daily. Be on the lookout for debris buildup that can cause damage to the driveline and bearing. Check for vibration and replace your fan if you notice it. Replace the driveline and bearings at the same time to keep this system working at its best.
4. Inspect your air seals. If they are worn around the fan inlet, hopper doors or intake tubes, replace them immediately. This will promote optimum vacuum power by creating a tight seal.
5. Pay attention to the sweeping head. If you have an air sweeper, the sweeping head is the most essential component of the machine. When it is out of line, the performance of your sweeper will drastically decline. Keeps yours in alignment to prevent twisting or bending, which is very difficult to fix.
6. Inspect your rubber skirts. They should seal to the ground for top performance. If they aren’t, it’s time to replace them.
7. Replace and adjust your curb brooms when needed. These components move debris from curbs so the sweeping head can pick it up. Check your owner’s manual for the optimum settings for your curb brooms’ strike pattern and adjust accordingly.
8. Check your hydraulic system. Check for the correct pressure settings, viscosity oil and hydraulic filter changes. If you notice a drop in hydraulic pressure, replace your components. Swapping out an old hydraulic filter for a new one can prevent oil contamination and encourage hydraulic flow.
9. Check your water system. Dusty conditions can significantly affect the life of your fan, but a proper water system will moisten debris when it comes into the hopper. This prevents dust from sticking to the screen and impeding airflow. Check your filter and spray nozzles daily for optimum performance.
10. Contact us for service! While regularly maintaining your street sweeper in Los Angeles can prevent many issues, if your machine isn’t running at peak performance, contact us to schedule service. Our team works hard every day to keep machines up and running! We even offer pick-up and delivery services in Los Angeles and throughout Southern California at reasonable rates.